Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Great fishing for TerryI recently (April 2014) met up with John in Silves for an eagerly-awaited daytime fishing trip to his private syndicate carp/bass lakes (I’ve known John for some time and previously joined him on carp/barbel fishing trips in Portugal). We chose to fish the larger 35 acre lake for 3-4 days . . . John selected a corner swim with overhanging trees suited to float and feeder fishing (using sweetcorn, his special feeder mix and scopex boilies).  I selected a swim 50m further away fishing at medium range close to a concrete water tower in the lake with combi-blowback rigs and tutti-fruitti boilies.

Despite a mixture of torrential rain, wind, cloud and sun, (Terry was a bit unfortunate with the weather on his short trip although he did get the sun cream out a few times - then only a week later and it was 25c all week: John) we managed to catch 6 sizable hard fighting carp (around the 15lb mark), and we also lost several others.  John assured me that this was a below average session probably due to the changeable weather, and there are larger carp in the lakes waiting to be caught.  John also caught a bass and terrapin, and I managed to hit the water tower twice!

The fishery was vast with a number of different crystal-clear lakes, varied and attractive scenery, plenty of wild life (including sheep, goats, cattle and horses) and above all . . . it was peaceful and secure.  The carp were pristine and very hard fighting for their size, and the local farmer and shepherds were extremely friendly.  It was a pleasure to be able to fish in these lakes on the Algarve.

Furthermore, I couldn’t fault the 3* hotel that I stayed in, the efficient shuttle transfer service between the airport and hotel, nor the hospitality, price and quality of the food/drinks in the Silves bars and restaurants. John was good company as always, and I certainly plan to return in the near future.

Terry.

Contact Info

• Mr. John Bate.
  • Telephone:(00 351) 282 442292
  • Mobile Tel: 925363246
  • Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Booking Information

Copyright 2015 John Bate - Development David Batten

How to book your holiday:

Keen to get a booking or reservation made - don't delay visit our *Online Enquiry / Reservations Page*

If you wish to get more info on any of our trips then use our online booking einquiry page and tell us what type of fishing you want, how many will be coming, and when. We will then contact you to confirm your dates before you start booking flights and insurances etc. This gives us an opportunity to fine tune your trip and cater for your personal needs.

We look forward to hearing from you and organising a full holidy trip out to the Algarve or catering for you on a day out whilst out here on a family holiday.